[pianotech] Credit Card Service providers - which one

Larry Fisher RPT larry_fisher at pdxtuner.com
Thu Jan 24 08:19:54 MST 2013

Hi Jurgen,

I’ve heard good things about The Square as Wim has reported.

I have had one experience with plastic.  It wasn’t good.  In 2005 I made the massive mistake of being part of a restaurant venture with a total trash talking fool.  A few months later I was left holding the bag and painfully lost lots of money.  A local processing company was paid off in full and I thought that was the end of it.  Central Processing has been calling me ever since to collect on a card processing machine that I paid off through the local processing company.  CP doesn’t have a good following on the web.  My story is repeated in lots of places by lots of people.

It caused me to continue to take a strong stand on the idea of accepting plastic.  I don’t need to entice additional work by accepting plastic.  I can live nicely with out the perceived losses of not gaining the income from people that need to use their cards so that they can get the points so they can get something made poorly for free or dirt cheap.  In short, I’m supporting someone else’s spending plus a processing company by giving up a percentage of my income  .....  and then there’s the additional bookkeeping.  If that’s not enough, there’s the CP factor that endures the ages.  I’ll pass.

Just my dollar two thirty eight.

Good luck with your search.

Lar