[pianotech] S&S B desk glide parts

Andrew Anderson anrebe at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 19:12:28 MST 2013

I take care of an institutional B that has those really thin desk glides.  They broke and I glued them.  They broke and I screwed them.  The department wanted new replacements so I contacted the mothership and asked about ordering.  I figured with a serial number I should be fine.  Not so fast, the parts department told me that had only three styles current and some styles had lapsed.  I looked at the photos sent and selected the ones that looked very much like the ones we have.  Well, three months later I have finished desk glides that are more than twice as thick, I can fix that on a table saw.  They are also about two inches short, the table saw isn't much help with that.

But cutting them thinner doesn't seem to be a good idea considering the history and the short thing is a problem.  I'm sure I'm not the only tech. up against this problem.  What are your solutions?  What drove your choice?

Thanks,
Andrew Anderson, Artisan Piano