[pianotech] S&S B desk glide parts

Joe Goss imatunr at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 08:05:13 MST 2013

Replace with brass
Joe Goss BSMusEd MMusEd RPT
imatunr at gmail.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Anderson" <anrebe at gmail.com>
To: <pianotech at ptg.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2013 7:12 PM
Subject: [pianotech] S&S B desk glide parts

I take care of an institutional B that has those really thin desk glides.
They broke and I glued them.  They broke and I screwed them.  The department
wanted new replacements so I contacted the mothership and asked about
ordering.  I figured with a serial number I should be fine.  Not so fast,
the parts department told me that had only three styles current and some
styles had lapsed.  I looked at the photos sent and selected the ones that
looked very much like the ones we have.  Well, three months later I have
finished desk glides that are more than twice as thick, I can fix that on a
table saw.  They are also about two inches short, the table saw isn't much
help with that.

But cutting them thinner doesn't seem to be a good idea considering the
history and the short thing is a problem.  I'm sure I'm not the only tech.
up against this problem.  What are your solutions?  What drove your choice?

Thanks,
Andrew Anderson, Artisan Piano=