[pianotech] (no subject)

Duaine Hechler dahechler at att.net
Mon Jan 28 20:52:06 MST 2013

Speaking of hacks.................

My forwarded email to my wife on ..... at att.net has been hacked - randomly - over the last six months.

I'm sending from mine (on att.net) to hers (on att.net) and the headers show an intermediate server with her email
address changed.

Now, if you did not know, att.net servers are really hosted by Yahoo which - here it comes - are hosted on Windows based
servers.

I have been in contact with AT&T level 2 (which I sent them my bounced back emails) - and - even they say something
funny is going on and they are looking into it.

So, it appears, any email servers that are hosted in the Windows platform are NOT safe anymore - just like "webmail"
accounts - it is now effecting the email servers themselves !

Therefore, I am now, looking for an email service that is NOT hosted on the Windows platform.

If anyone is still interested in my findings, just let me know.

Duaine

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ - Tuning, Servicing & Rebuilding