[pianotech] Funky Bechstein C scale

Encore Pianos encorepianos at metrocast.net
Tue Jan 29 11:16:50 MST 2013

I have a 7' 3 Bechstein C (serial number 92143, built in 1909 according to
the Pierce Atlas) in my shop for rebuilding.  I've taken the stringing scale
off the piano, and it's off the wall.  I have taken speaking lengths and
such off the piano, and was planning on rescaling it anyway.  But I would
like to get a better sense of what the scale was supposed to have been as
opposed to what is there.  Here is what I recorded for a treble scale:

cid:image002.png at 01CDFE1D.E9864550

Doesn't seem very trustworthy does it?

By chance, has anyone done one of these and retained the stringing scale?
If so, I would love to have the original scale.

Thanks,

Will Truitt