[pianotech] Totally glueless

Terry Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Jan 30 19:41:45 MST 2013

Good Grief! Common sense?????  I always wonder with polite questioning in my mind when I hear tech talk about transmissions and vibrations shooting this way and that way - along bridges, along ribs, etc., etc.

The theory that "strings move the bridge and the bridge moves the soundboard" is the only thing that makes any sense to me. Why else do we have "vibrations" zinging this way and that, through this structure and that, bla, bla, bla. And then there is conversation about the rim - vibrations reflecting off the rim and back into the field of music (somewhere in the soundboard). What's that all about? I suspect it has some origin in the "sound collector"........

:-(

Terry Farrell