[pianotech] Yamaha 1962 G-3 two pedals bedding key frame

Ken and Pat Gerler kenneth.gerler at prodigy.net
Sat Mar 2 07:33:08 MST 2013

      Hello all,
      I have a situation where the "knock" is very noticeable that the key frame is knocking against the key bed. I see no adjustments anywhere to correct the problem.  As a temporary solution in the treble, I folded several business cards in the gap to quiet the "knock".  I suspect this was not originally a product for the US but brought in by someone that purchased it while overseas and brought it back with them.

      The cheek blocks have a metal plate that allows for front to back adjustment, but no adjustment for "up/down" adjustment.

      Anyone experienced this before and what was the resolution?

      Thanks in advance,

      Ken Gerler, RPT

kenneth.gerler at prodigy.net