[pianotech] Website for www.ptg.org is ugly

Al Guecia/Allied PianoCraft alliedpianocraft at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 4 11:00:50 MST 2013

On Mar 4, 2013, at 12:25 PM, John Formsma <formsma at gmail.com> wrote:

Just posted the following to the PTG-L forum on HL. If you care to express your opinion there, I think now is the time to. ~JF

I'm not posting anything with the PTG-L or anywhere else on the PTG website! If they cared about what we think, they would not have eliminated the pianotech forum. Waste of time and energy!

Al -
High Point, NC

So, the subject line pretty much says how I see it.

The opening page for how the world sees PTG does not look attractive or professional. (In my opinion, of course.) Even the opening page for the "Master Piano Technicians" looks better. That brown color just doesn't do anything for us--YUCK!

I have thought this ever since the Higher Logic stuff was implemented two years ago. Since the web page has the HL look, I assume the reason the page appears this way is that it's connected to the HL backbone.

If we are the place of top-level piano service and inviting others to provide top-level service, we ought to have a sharp-looking website. What we have is not that. It's so dull and uninviting.

All that said, are there others who think the same? How are we supposed to go about requesting changes like this?