[pianotech] new list

Terry Beckingham t46xd8jb at xplornet.com
Wed Mar 6 18:51:17 MST 2013

Marshall,

Here is a post sent by Jim Moy on how to sign up. After sending the blank
email, you should receive an email asking you to confirm you subscription.
Just click reply and send without changing the subject or the body of the
email.

Terry Beckingham

There are two ways to participate:

You can participate via email by subscribing to the group. The experience
is much like the original pianotech at ptg.org email list. To do this, send a
blank email to pianotech+subscribe at googlegroups.com. You will then receive
an email asking you to confirm your subscription, to which you should click
Reply, then Send in your email program without changing the subject or body
of that email. To unsubscribe, ditto to pianotech+unsubscribe at googlegroups.com.

You may also participate from the web interface you see before you. This is
much like an online forum, and requires a Google account.

At present anybody can join the group. Membership and postings are not
moderated. We may consider it desirable to introduce some degree of
moderation in the future. Please observe time-honoured newsgroup
"netiquette". Trim any quoted text to the minimum required to put your
reply in context.  Do not change the subject of an ongoing discussion
thread if the topic is the same, but start a new discussion thread with a
new subject if you are actually changing the subject.

Please use the list only for discussion of topics closely related to piano
technology.