[pianotech] Size of Pinblock Drill bit?

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Thu Mar 7 13:22:07 MST 2013

A proper "reamer" has straight vertical cutting (not scraping) flutes. What
is commonly referred to here as "reaming" is correctly known as "chasing",
where one runs a drill *bit* (a *drill* is a tool that turns a bit)
slightly larger than the initial hole to "chase it" out.

Paul Bruesch
Stillwater, MN