[pianotech] Expanding leads

Paul McCloud pmc033 at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 12 18:23:35 MDT 2013

Allen:
Thanks for that information.  However, this doesn't explain how the leads expand.  The lead powder, eating its way into the lead makes sense.  My experience also, is that the high humidity makes the process work faster.  I had a piano stored in a carport, about a mile from the beach.  No sun ever hit the piano.  You couldn't even press a key a fraction of an inch.  Every key was "welded" to the next one.  So there must be some moisture relation somewhere.
But then, what do I know.
Paul McCloud
San Diego