[pianotech] [ptech] Expanding leads

Andrew Anderson anrebe at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 19:45:18 MDT 2013

Interesting look at what is also a piano problem.  I've had this on relatively new chinese pianos and just condemned a piano Friday that had keys bulging and beginning to split.  So far that alternatives haven't really caught on.  In Europe there was noise about banning lead in pianos but that was delayed.  Seems to me there was some work using magnets to adjust weight as well as use of SS rod for weights (lot harder to cut).  The other heavy alternatives are quite pricey right now. ;-)

Andrew Anderson