[pianotech] PTG lists shutting down at the end of the week

Jim Moy jim at moypiano.com
Mon Mar 25 08:19:56 MDT 2013

Hello pianotech at ptg.org,

The PTG email server will be shut down at the end of this week, per
the PTG President's Feb 25 letter:

  http://www.ptg.org/userfiles/file/forms/MailmanServers.pdf

If you are unsure whether this affects you, please email me and I will
be able to check your subscriptions and assess your situation.

The plans I announced three weeks ago are still in effect:

  https://www.moypiano.com/ptg/pianotech.php/2013-March/052023.html

There are many options for participating in online communities with
piano technicians:

The pianotech Google Group is a direct replacement for this pianotech
list, and operates in the same fashion. Lots of the same people are
there. Join by sending a blank email to this address:

  pianotech+subscribe at googlegroups.com

Or participate via web interface:

  https://groups.google.com/group/pianotech.php/subscribe

Or simply email me and tell me you want to be on the list, and I'll
add you. For those who like the old pianotech, it is a natural
substitute and I think you will be comfortable there.

There is the official PTG online community that has discussions,
libraries of information, and will host your blog:

  http://my.ptg.org

There is a technicians Google+ Community that has the newest social
technology, and smartphone connections:

  https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/105661078186330061386

The career networking site has an active technicians forum:

  http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=1592467

Here is a traditional web-forum style discussion for technicians:

  http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forums/3/

You can keep in touch with the PTG, and PTG technicians who are on Facebook:

  http://www.facebook.com/pianotechniciansguild

I am one administrator at the new pianotech Google Group, and can help
anyone who wants to join but has not been able to. Please email me and
describe your situation, and I will do what I can. John Delacour
<JD at pianomaker.co.uk> is the other admin, and can help as well.

Regards,

Jim Moy
jim at moypiano.com