Help with Upright Steinway Sostenuto

Vanderhoofven dkvander@clandjop.com
Fri Aug 15 15:43 MDT 1997

Dear Friends,

Here is a SHORT update...

I am going tomorrow to finish the work on the sostenuto system on the
Steinway upright that I described in my LONG post.  I will probably take
the sostenuto rod off and make sure that it is straight and not bent. After
I change the teflon bushings to bushing cloth, I will then set rod height,
and then set samples and do the rest of the adjustments on the bench.
Thanks for the excellent suggestions fro Israel Stein.  Wish me luck!  I am
hoping that If I get the sostenuto rod working correctly that I will be
called back to Cottey College to do more work in the future.

Monday morning I begin tuning most of the pianos at Missouri Southern State
College to get ready for another semester.

By the way, do you suppose that if I made my posts shorter I would  get
more responses? :-)

Sincerely,
David
Missouri Southern State College