Studio Time

A440A A440A@aol.com
Wed May 13 07:37 MDT 1998

Greetings,
 I found the original posting:

>> Can you give me some insight into your current fee structures when you are
>> contracted to both prepare the instrument AND be present during the
>> duration of the session. In my particular case I have been asked to tune,
>> voice,reg.,etc and babysit for a recording session that is spread out over
>> a 5 day period...6 hours each day!

     If this studio has  a good piano, and a stable environment,  I would
charge $1,800 for the whole deal.  It would be senseless to invest this kind
of money if the piano is not well regulated and voiced,so I would suggest that
any work like that be done before the tracking week. ( and no, that set-up
work would not be part of the hourly fee that is charged for "being there".

Good work, if you can get it.  Just remember, the customers here are buying
not only a tuning, but insurance.  You are there so that there will not be any
problems, and you want to up to the task. You will be expected to be
infallible.
     Anything that doesn't slow a session down is good, everything else is
bad.
Regards,
Ed Foote