MIDI instruments

Christopher D. Purdy purdy@oak.cats.ohiou.edu
Wed May 20 12:33 MDT 1998

We have one Baldwin R with the Concert Master installed located in a
faculty studio.  It has not been there too long but so far she has used it
a fair amount.  So far they have recorded students playing to play back and
listen, that sort of thing.  We have talked of using it to record
accompaniment for soloist, etc.  I think there are a lot of possibilities
for us.

chris

>Allan:
>
>In a specially keyed practice room we have a brand new Disklavier grand (a
>loaner) which doesn't have a fingerprint on it. Its been in there 2 years
>and nobody seems too interested, so we plan to get rid of it soon. We also
>have a Bosendorfer SE system in a faculty studio which is used fairly
>regularly for teaching purposes, as is another Disklavier in a faculty
>studio, so at least the faculty seem interested. I think the students are
>too overwhelmed with other concerns to afford the time learning to use such
>technically challenging instruments.
>
>Eric
>
>At 10:52 PM 5/19/98 EDT, you wrote:
>>List,
>>
>>Has anyone had experience using MIDI enabled pianos in an institutional
>>situation? (ConcertMaster, Disclavier, Pianomation, Pianodisc, etc.)
>Eric Wolfley RPT
>College Conservatory of Music
>eric.wolfley@uc.edu
>http://ucccm56.ccm.uc.edu/pianowolf/

-Christopher D. Purdy R.P.T.   School of Music  Ohio University  Athens OH

-purdy@oak.cats.ohiou.edu   (614) 593-1656    fax# (614) 593-1429