MIDI instruments

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Wed May 20 15:54 MDT 1998

Hi Allan,

   We have a 17 instrument Yamaha Clavinova piano lab that we got when we
moved into our new building. I'm not directly involved with it but if you
have any specific questions, I could ask one of faculty who uses it.
   We also have two Disklavier MX-88's, a new C-3 Disklavier and a new
electronic Disklavier ( I don't know the model # off-hand). The intention
is to use the C-3 (and maybe some more in the future) to build a library
of accompaniments of the standard literature for the students to use for
practicing. It's difficult for some to find accompanists to rehearse with
during the semester, so this was deemed a viable alternative. One of our
teachers/accompanists is going to be *very* busy this summer making disks.

Avery

>Has anyone had experience using MIDI enabled pianos in an institutional
>situation? (ConcertMaster, Disclavier, Pianomation, Pianodisc, etc.)
>
>Thanks,
>
>Allan
>
>Allan L. Gilreath, RPT
>Berry College