Prepared piano

Thu May 28 10:06 MDT 1998

Hi, Eric!

See if you can find a copy of the book:

	"The Well-Prepared Piano"

by Marshall Bialovsky

I think that there was only ever one edition, but you
should be able to get at least a Xerox copy from somewhere.

Marshall's book is now (roughly) 25 years old, and was written
by an active, published, recognized (well, in SoCal) composer.
He worked very closely with several well-known technicians
in developing his guidelines, and produced a result that met, at
the time, met a wide variety of reasonable needs/expectations.

The last time I saw him (nearly 10 years ago), he was the Chair
of the Music Department at Cal. State U., Domiguez Hills.  Someone
in the LA area can probably get you an address/phone.

Good Luck.

Best.

Horace

At 11:54 AM 5/28/1998 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi list,
>
>We are in the (belated) process of establishing guidelines for prepared
>piano use as well as constructing a form for people to fill out if they plan
>on doing anything wicked to one of our performance pianos. I know there are
>guidelines out there somewhere that I could consult to help me form our
>policies, so I would appreciate it if someone could steer me in the right
>direction for this info.
>
>Thanks, Y'all
>
>Eric
>
>```````````````````````````````````