Damper guide rail bushings

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Thu May 28 16:05 MDT 1998

Lorlin,

Got it. It covers manufacturing your own damper guide rails. It starts,
"Q: I am rebuilding a small no-name grand and have somehow managed to lose
the damper guide rails." [!]

It looks quite thorough, but it doesn't mention the Steinway double bushing
system. I have no scanner and it has several drawings, so I can't post it
here.

Regards,

Susan
At 10:17 AM 5/28/98 -0700, you wrote:

>Lorlin,
>
>You might check with Susan Kline (skline@proaxis.com), for that
>article.  She has an amazingly eclectic collection.  (sorry)
>
>Best.
>
>Horace
>

>At 10:37 AM 5/28/1998 GMT, you wrote:
>>I need to brush up on some older Steinway damper guide rail rebushing which
>>has a wide hole drilled in the rail  requiring either a plug of felt or two
>>layers of woven cloth pulled in. This looks quite  like some later asian
>>pianos are designed.
>>
>>Jack Krefting had a 4/85 article on damper guide rails (as listed in Boone's
>>cumulative index).  If this article covers this situation, a copy would be
>>greatly appreciated.  If it is simpler to just share a few lines of
>>experience via  EM I would be greatful to hear it.
>>
>>Thanks Much!
>>
>>Lorlin B.
>>

>Horace Greeley, CNA, MCP, RPT
>
>Systems Analyst/Engineer
>Controller's Office
>Stanford University
>
>email: hgreeley@leland.stanford.edu
>voice mail: 650.725.9062
>fax: 650.725.8014

Susan Kline
P.O. Box 1651
Philomath, OR 97370
skline@proaxis.com

"It always takes me longer to finish when I've no idea what I'm doing."
		-- Ashleigh Brilliant