CAUT in Kansas 99

Waldrop, Craig C.Waldrop@tcu.edu
Fri Nov 20 11:35 MST 1998

Hello Paul,
Thanks in advance for your efforts. University techs are usually (always?)
so overloaded with "normal" duties that, I know, it is difficult to take on
extra responsibilities. Here is a suggestion for a possible subject; might
come under the general heading of "inventory control".

I would like to hear a discussion of effective ways to track piano inventory
and document service records. Further, I have often wondered exactly how to
establish a "minimum and maximum" level of maintenance for any given
instrument. Often we are asked to repair/service a piano to compensate for
overuse or misuse of it. It would be helpful to have an established
guideline for particular settings/ useages of a piano and the service it
receives or warrants.
Just thinking out loud...

regards,
Craig