jumpy tuning pins

Ken Jankura kenrpt@mail.cvn.net
Fri Jan 15 19:33 MST 1999

At 08:37 PM 1/15/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Vince, if I didn't know you better I would think you are pulling our
collective
>leg.
>                        Newton
>
>Vince Mrykalo wrote:
>
>> Here's a cure for the common jumpy tuning pin:  Apply 3 to 4 drops of
>> Protek around the coil and let it go down into the block, as much as
will go.
>> Vince
>> vince@byyu.edu

List, I did an experiment a few years ago with Protec on some leftover
pinblock stock and new pins (the experiment was really about drill size and
pin torque).  There was no change in torque of the pins I put Protec on. I
have never tried it on a real piano though, afraid of what could happen
down the road. Let's hear more. Ken