Sostenuto [long]

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Tue Jan 26 21:11 MST 1999

Dear CAUT list,

Kent, will you post the compendium so we all will have a reference
source o this subject?
Unfortunately I have erased all the posts related to this subject.
Excellent job, all of you, especially me having the solution at the top
of my list.+AKA- (Nail polishing on vest):>)

The real lesson here, for me anyway, is in performance work NOTHING can
be taken for granted.+AKA- If we do not perform neither does the pianist.

Maybe it passed me by, but if the blade bearings (bushings) are too
loose the blade can move away from the tabs during performance and cause
a sostenuto failure.+AKA- This one caused me a whole bunch of chagrin.

Good job.

+AKAAoACgAKAAoACgAKAAoACgAKAAoACgAKAAoACgAKAAoACgAKAAoACgAKAAoA- Newton