7/8 Keyboard

Ron Torrella torrella@umich.edu
Wed Jul 28 15:27 MDT 1999

I don't know about  website, but David Steinbuhler's email address is
dskeyboards@tbscc.com. He'd be the best source of information for you and
your department.

I was impressed with the keyboards. I think students who perform on these
reduced keybaords might experience difficulty when faced with normal
keyboards, but I don't see that as a reason to not use them. The keyboards,
in the right situation could be used on stage pianos - the reduced keyboards
being swapped for the normal ones (both are in complete regulation) - a la
Ken Sloane. In the alternative, the stack can be swapped between keyboards
with minimal adjustment (according to Steinbuhler).

I hope the powers-that-be here at U of M will be open to exploring this
option for its pedagogy program.

Ron Torrella, RPT