Yamaha loan program...

dporritt dporritt@swbell.net
Tue Jun 29 18:02 MDT 1999

Alan:

At SMU we have been in a loan program with Baldwin for about 6 years.  We
got benches the first year, and for reasons of wear & tear, we have kept the
original benches each year.  New pianos, 6 year old benches.  It works fine
for us.

dave

David M. Porritt, RPT
Meadows School of the Arts
Southern Methodist University
Dallas, Texas
dporritt@swbell.net <mailto:dporritt@swbell.net>

From: owner-caut@ptg.org [mailto:owner-caut@ptg.org]On Behalf Of Alan
Crane
Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 1999 2:41 PM
To: caut@ptg.org
Subject: Yamaha loan program...

The WSU School of Music is currently entering the first year of a "loan
program" with the local Yamaha dealership.

The ten pianos for this year were delivered three weeks ago.

The dealer called yesterday asking that all the benches for those pianos be
returned to the dealership as they had been sent out with the pianos by
mistake.

I don't know about other institutions but, here at WSU, we have a definite
bench shortage (!) and I'm wondering whether benches are normally excluded
from these loan programs.

If your institution is involved in such a loan program,
do you get the use of the benches as well, or does the dealer retain them??

Regards,

Alan Crane, RPT
School of Music
Wichita State University