Reporting Structure

Christopher D. Purdy purdy@oak.cats.ohiou.edu
Wed Mar 17 08:45 MST 1999

>Hello List,
>    I wish to know who you as technicians report to as staff
>technicians, (Department Chair, Events Director, Faculty, etc.) and any
>drawbacks or advantages you see with each?  Staff reporting structure
>revisions are under consideration at my institution.
>
>Thanks in Advance
>-Mike Jorgensen

mike,

here at ohio university i report directly to the director of the school o
music.  our director is very hands on and likes to know what is going on in
every dept.  we don't have a very formal yearly review process.  all the
faculty and staff have an annual review when they do budget and saleries.
my position is sort of hard to review so he pretty much consults with the
chair of the keyboard dept. and makes something up.

the obvious advantage i have is that i go straight to the big cheese with
any questions or problems.  i don't have to muck around with protocol.  the
disadvantage is that when i goof up there is nowhere to hide.

chris

-Christopher D. Purdy R.P.T.   School of Music  Ohio University  Athens OH

-purdy@oak.cats.ohiou.edu   (740) 593-1656    fax# (740) 593-1429