Reporting Structure

fred s sturm fssturm@unm.edu
Wed Mar 17 09:27 MST 1999

At the University of New Mexico, I report to the department
administrator, and more or less to the department chair as well. The
administrator is responsible for the evaluation/review process for all
department staff. Since that position is more stable than chair (three
in the past 15 years as opposed to five chairs and several interims),
this makes for a reasonable situation. I certainly converse with the
chair of the day, the keyboard and other faculty, and the dean of fine
arts as well. But I am insulated from them in terms of chain of command.
Fred S. Sturm
University of New Mexico