Reporting Structure

Richard West rwest@unlinfo.unl.edu
Wed Mar 17 11:40 MST 1999

I report to and receive yearly evaluations from the Director of the SOM.
I presume he consults with piano faculty and other faculty when he makes
up his evaluations, but I don't know for sure.  I suspect that if he
gets no negative comments and an occassional positive one, that's enough
to give me a good evaluation.  I've worked with several directors over
my looong term here and found them to be cooperative and pleasant to
work with.  I go to them if I have "dirty work" that needs to be done.
They get paid to take the heat; I don't.  I just try to do the best I
can, enjoy the people I work with, don't make too many waves, provide
detailed information regarding all facets of pianos, be open to new
ideas and procedures, and continually push for more money for new
instruments.  That strategy has worked for 23 years here.

Richard West
University of Nebraska