Chickering Square Help

rchayden1@juno.com rchayden1@juno.com
Tue Nov 9 18:28 MST 1999

OK Folks, you can shoot me.

I've got an 1851 Chick. Square whose owner was so happy with how I got
everything working, that he decided to pay me to make it look like new!!
 (I just wanted it to go away!)

Who out there knows the best way to restring these things?
Source of the right bass strings, possibly rescaling since new wire ain't
buttery like this old stuff.
And can hammers get recovered?  England used to do it . .??

It's not my first Square, but as long as I have you to bother . . . .

I know there is somebody out there doing these regularly.

Thanks,  Roger Hayden, RPT