anhydrous methanol

Paul E. Dempsey, Jr dempsey@ezwv.com
Wed Jan 5 19:36 MST 2000

John,
Try the University Chem Lab.=20

Paul E. Dempsey, Jr. RPT
Marshall University
Huntington, WV
    -----Original Message-----
    From: John D. Chapman <chapmajd@wfu.edu>
    To: caut@ptg.org <caut@ptg.org>
    Date: Wednesday, January 05, 2000 7:54 PM
    Subject: anhydrous methanol
   =20
    I have been using anhydrous methanol to treat sluggishness in action
    centers as suggested by Bill Spurlock in the PTG Technical =
Examination
    Source Book.  Used straight, it works very well on sluggishness due =
    lack of use (like those nice home pianos which are never played, but =
are
    occasionally tuned). It frees things up, but since there is on water =
in
    it, the bushings are not "shrunk", and it leaves no residue like a
    lubricant does.  Lubricants are great, but when you don't need one, =
why
    use it.
    But now my bottle of methanol is empty and none of the drug stores =
in town
    carry it anymore.  Suggestions ?
   =20
    John Chapman RPT