recital piano usage

David M. Porritt dporritt@swbell.net
Fri Jul 28 17:21 MDT 2000

Our recital halls are booked pretty solid so over use of the pianos is
generally not a problem.  The large recital hall has a $1,000.000 organ in
it, so naturally the organ department thinks of it as an organ practice
room.  Also, the orchestra, wind ensemble, percussion ensemble frequently
meet in there so getting time on the piano is a challenge.  Naturally, this
helps me.  The other recital hall is also used a lot, and since the piano
there is just a "B", there's not as much demand for it.

We used to lock the pianos, now it's not really necessary.  We do cover
them though.  The large hall has a "garage" for the pianos.

dave

David M. Porritt
dporritt@swbell.net
Meadows School of the Arts