Piano Cleaning?

Allen Wright allen.wright@oberlin.edu
Fri May 12 12:58 MDT 2000

Joel,

Computerized room entry system, wow - that's great. Wish we could do that.
Or have 24 hour surveillance cameras in every room (only kidding). Although
we have had evident destructive vandalism of CHAIRS quite often, and that we
can't figure out, and would love to see how that happens, and by whom.
You're right that peer pressure can be a useful thing.

Coincidentally, our fine is also $50, for "liquid violations", and it's
something that although long threatened we've only recently actually carried
out. Because of 8 very damaging spills (mostly coffee) in the last semester
- a veritable epidemic. For all we know, though, it could be the same person
8 times over? But a lot of students are taking drinks into the rooms, and we
also tell them to leave them outside the door. Many don't seem to be getting
the message. Perhaps the word will get around about the fines.

Anyway, thanks for your ideas.

Allen