Shop Cups

Tim Coates tim.coates@wapin.com
Tue Nov 21 15:57 MST 2000

My experience has not been good using shop cups instead of a
carriage or dolly.  They are great in the shop, but they
make the legs take too much stress as a permanent solution.
I'm talking about pianos here, not harpsichords, but I'd be
even more scared to break a leg on a harpsichord.

I haven't permanently installed a set on a piano, but I've
had to pick up to the pieces from the technicians who did.
It says clearly on the description from Jansen's "they don't
replace carriages".

If you are very careful they will work, but all it takes is
the one person who is not careful.

Tim Coates
University of South Dakota
We like our winters.  It keeps the riff-raff out.