THUD

Horace Greeley hgreeley@stanford.edu
Tue Nov 21 20:37 MST 2000

John,

Thanks very much for the quick response.

I just dashed off something after seeing Steve's post.

At 10:19 PM 11/21/2000 -0500, you wrote:

>The THUD of these four consecutive notes seems to increase with increased
>blow and is objectionable only above forte.  The instrument is S&S 141.

I like Steve's idea of the board being bound someplace the most, so
far.  Also, that fits what you are describing.  I wonder if movers, at some
point, have lost one of the leg wedges...  Something sufficiently localized
that it affects only four notes, and only above forte does suggest
something lodged against the board, rather than something being loose, I think.

Nothing ventured...

Horace