THUD

john hartman pianocraft@sprintmail.com
Wed Nov 22 17:35 MST 2000

John,

Check to see if any bridge pins are touching the plate bars. Also check to see
if there is enough clearance between the nose bolts and the holes in the sound
board. I have found more than one Steinway with a nose bolt touching the sound
board. If you find this problem cut the end off of a coping saw blade and saw
around the nose bolt from under the piano. In addition see if the nose bolts
are properly seated and the nuts are tight. Same for the bell bolt and nut.

Good luck,
John Hartman