THUD

Daniel Gurnee dgurnee@humboldt1.com
Thu Nov 23 15:30 MST 2000

on 11/23/00 7:22 AM, John D. Chapman at chapmajd@wfu.edu wrote:

> Daniel,
> I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "taken up unloose to snug."
> John
>
> "The "bell" at the treble end under the case can affect the tone in more
> than
> the immediate area. It must not be used to adjust bearing, but taken up
> unloose to snug."
>
> Daniel Gurnee, RPT  "

John,

The adjustment bolt is a simple machine screw with the nut un the under side
of the "bell" and is not to be loose but on the other hand, is not used to
adjust plate bearing. If the nut is finger tight, it may be enough. I have
never found it from the factory to be tighter than a turn past finger tight.

Dan.