Ken Sloane

Lorraine Manz lorraine.manz@oberlin.edu
Fri Oct 20 07:22 MDT 2000

To All- I thank everyone again for the presentation of the commemorative
plaque at the convention. It is displayed on my fireplace mantel; and I
remember, fondly, all the exciting information I received from the many
interesting and friendly people that have been part of CAUT during my
professional life.

As for Reno, in addition to my trusty, two-wheeled steed that I will bring
to the Sierras, the object of my newest passion (and artistic persuit) will
also be present. Stay "tuned" for more details as I prepare to make my debut
.

Thanks again for putting up with me........Ken

PS  The other end of the world has been reexposed to me. Just yesterday, I
tuned my first Lester Spinet (tuned at it) in thirty some years. I'm not
certain, but I do believe it was a piano.
-----------------------------------

--On Tue, Oct 17, 2000 8:02 PM -0400 "Donald McKechnie" <dmckech@ithaca.edu>
wrote:

> List,
>
> In the October issue of the Journal on page 42 you will notice a picture
of yours truly presenting a plaque to Ken Sloane. The caption states in
recognition of his retirement at Oberlin. Below is the complete text of the
plaque.

> In honor of Kenneth A.Sloane, former head technician of the Oberlin
Conservatory of Music, for his many years of dedication and service to the
College and University Technicians Committee of the Piano Technicians Guild.
It is our privilege to have him as our colleague.

> Ken has been on the CAUT committee since its modern inception in 1987 at
the annual conference in Toronto. Ken has been the chair, newsletter editor
and contributor over the years and is still serving as senior advisor. The
committee thought it fitting to honor Ken for all his work over the years on
the occasion of his retirement from Oberlin.

> Although Ken will be continuing on the CAUT committee, it may be hard to
find him as I'm sure he will be spending a lot of time on his bicycle and
windsurfing board. :-)  He has also been practicing a new artistic pursuit.
He promised to treat us with this pursuit in Reno. Plan to attend if for
nothing else. :-))