"D" for dampers

John Minor jminor@uiuc.edu
Thu Sep 7 10:14 MDT 2000

$63 for a set of Hamburg felt from Steinway in NY. That's all we use here.

John Minor
University of Illinois

On Thu, 7 Sep 2000, Mark Bolsius wrote:

]Hi Mark
]
]I've not done it, but I've seen Yamaha CF damper felt used very successfully
]on a "D", but the Renner stuff is also very good, readily available and
]comes in a variety of sizes.
]
]The other alternative is to get the S & S Hamburg felt. They cut their own,
]and it's gorgeous! It comes already backed and cut into blocks....make sure
]you're sitting down when you get the price. Hartwig Kalb should be able to
]help you
]
]hk@steinway.de
]
]Re Front key pins
]
]The only drama I see in using the wider ones might be that in using thinner
]felt (to compensate), the longevity of the bushing might be compromised...a
]bit.
]
]Cheers
]Mark Bolsius
]Bolsius Piano Services
]Canberra Australia
]
]http://www.bolsius-pianoservices.com.au
]
]Australian distributor for
]Dampp-Chaser Climate Control Products
]Louis Renner Piano Components and Tools
]Reyburn CyberTuner Visual Tuning Software
]