I'm FINE, how're you...

Donald McKechnie dmckech@ithaca.edu
Wed Sep 13 09:24 MDT 2000

Conrad,

I have been trying for years to come up with a policy that the Deans and
department heads would accept. Therefore, I am also eager to hear about
any creative solutions to this problem.

What I am up against is a basic apathy towards food in practice rooms.
How are you going to legislate against the "diva bottle." They have
become so prolific it almost seems part of the culture now. The truth be
known, many of the Deans and faculty ate their lunches and dinners in
the practice rooms too. Also, many faculty members do not set good
examples. How many of you go into a teaching studio and find water,
coffee and whatever on the piano? Voice faculty tend to be the worst.
Every now and then, I bring up my concerns about this situation. I have
stopped beating my head against the wall though.  :-)

Don McKechnie
Ithaca College