new pianos

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Fri Sep 22 11:40 MDT 2000

In a message dated 9/22/0 4:46:52 PM, dporritt@post.cis.smu.edu writes:

<< Sometimes pianists just like getting a "new" piano - justified or not.
Currently they are trying to raise money for a new instrument, and they are
targeting the worst looking instrument to replace.  Other than the looks it's
really OK.

What criterion do you use for the rebuild/trade decision? >>
Greetings,
   At Vanderbilt, we just add to what we have,  there are never enough.  With
a new model L going for $42,000,  it should be easy to justify spending
$8,000 on a new factory board in an old L, and another  $8,000 on the action
by yourself.  This leaves the school with a new piano and $26,000.
Regards,
Ed Foote RPT