Availability of quality tools and supplies

Jürgen Goering pianoforte@mail.island.net
Mon Aug 20 17:45 MDT 2001

Dear John,

Yes, It would be wonderful if our North American suppliers would offer us
this particular tool, as well as other quality tools and supplies.

I feel our North American suppliers are not serving the piano technician
community well.  Over the years, I have become frustrated with the quality
of many products and materials offered to our profession, such as damper
felt that is too firm, poor quality felts and cheap leather sold as
buckskin.  Imported European parts are mostly sold at outrageous prices.
My suggestions and complaints to suppliers have fallen on deaf ears.  The
of stock, so we sent you the domestic [hard as rock] ones") to, more often,
deafening silence.  I am not in the business of being a consultant to
domestic suppliers who are unwilling to listen; I need to focus my energy
on trying to offer the highest level of work I can to my clients.

I have taken matters into my own hands to search out better sources for
certain supplies.  I get most of my rebuilding supplies from Germany now. I
have not looked back.  The quality is superb and the price is good.  I am
NOT a supply house nor do I want to become one.  I only want decent
materials and the tools I need at a reasonable cost and I am happy to share
those benefits with others.

Jurgen Goering