caut-digest V2001 #90

Jeff Tanner jtanner@mozart.music.sc.edu
Tue Aug 21 09:51 MDT 2001

List,
I'm relieved to see I'm not the only one dissatisfied with the status quo
of North American supply houses.  I don't order often, but the last couple
of orders I placed with my favorite supplier (AFTER a particular recent
"merger") for basic tools were below the quality level I had been
accustomed to, with one or more tools in each order so poorly made they
were useless, and with a 15% price increase to boot.  They seem to know I'm
going to be reluctant to spend $3 on postage to return a defective $5
damper regulator.  I miss Tuners Supply Co.

Quality competition is welcome here.

Jeff Tanner

>Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 16:42:52 -0700
>From: pianoforte@mail.island.net ( =?iso-8859-1?Q?J=FCrgen?= Goering)
>Subject: Availability of quality tools and supplies
>
>I feel our North American suppliers are not serving the piano technician
>community well.  Over the years, I have become frustrated with the quality
>of many products and materials offered to our profession...
>
>Jurgen Goering

Jeff Tanner
Piano Technician
School of Music