Music Desks

richard murphy rmurphy@siue.edu
Tue Aug 21 11:07 MDT 2001

Jeff,
        I had a loaner Baldwin grand model R that the music desk broke out on
and it also had a broken fall board on the side where that piston thing is.
The brass screws for the hinge broke I think because the entire hinge and set
screw were too close to the cheek block.  I also had continual problems with
the key slip bowing into the key fronts.  Perhaps that piano was built on
Monday.