Damper lifter felts (key end felts)

Dale Probst wardprobst@cst.net
Wed Aug 22 12:49 MDT 2001

Dave,
The thickest I have found is the Steinway style key end felt APSCO
#339105. You may want to shim the end of the keys with veneer if you
need additional height. Glue up a section at a time and then cut apart.
Hope this helps,
Dale
Dale Probst, RPT
Ward & Probst, Inc.
email: wardprobst@cst.net
(940)691-3682 voice
(940) 691-6843 fax

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-caut@ptg.org [mailto:owner-caut@ptg.org] On Behalf Of David
M. Porritt
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2001 8:17 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org; caut@ptg.org
Subject: Damper lifter felts (key end felts)

I need so extra thick damper lifter felts for a Steinway "D".  This is
for an interesting project that will have two actions for one piano.
The lifter felts in the one have to be able to match the lifters in the
other action.  Does anyone know where I can get some extra thick - and
firm felt?

dave

David M. Porritt

dporritt@swbell.net