1098...pfft.. only one number away from a 1099

Ed Sutton ed440@mindspring.com
Wed Aug 29 08:55 MDT 2001

Michelle wrote:

> I GOT 45 OF THESE 1098'S FOR CRIPESSAKES.

O.K., Michelle.  Learn to tune verticals left-handed.  Just do it.  This
advice was given to me several years ago, and I took it, and am very happy I
did.  Try it.  It will make tuning a 1098 tolerable.
Meanwhile, I am so glad _you_ have the job, but if I had 45 1098's to tune,
I would tune them as quickly as possible, no second guessing or worrying
about whether I'd set the pin just right, then go back in a week and clean
them up, and go back in another week and check them.
This is your opportunity to become THE EXPERT on 1098's! They need your love
and understanding.  Reach out to them with your heart, and a year from now
you'll be telling us how to tune them in 35 minutes!
Ed S.