kuerti query - report.

Sun Dec 2 19:49 MST 2001

Friends,

Sorry for the delay in reporting. Immediately after the Kuerti appearance
was turkey day (I got out of town to visit an old friend in Chicago) then
fulltime into preps for our big Christmas shows (just finished today).  Two
pianos and portatif organ onstage plus the 3/42 main organ - I squelched
the idea to also have a harpsichord (just for Sunday)

anyhoo

Thanks to those warnings of expectations.  I had no complaints of
regulation, and only a few hammers to voice after I watched him do what I
think is his favorite activity - fitting hammers to strings.

Very personable, and he got a big chuckle when he saw the chalk message on
the keys "Ted Sambell says Hi!"  He knew I'd been warned...

Besides carrying around his filing block, he has a tuning hammer, and
does/will touch up any unisons which may stray during rehearsals.

He was traveling with I Musici de Montreal which insisted on 442.  Kuerti
did claim that he tried to talk them out of it. He prefers 440.

Conrad Hoffsommer -  Decorah, IA
Usually I try to take it one day at a time, but lately several have
attacked me at once...