Lacquering Hammers Wait to Play On?

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Mon Dec 3 09:23 MST 2001

 Michael writes:

<<   Do you think it's ok for people to play right after applying 4/1
lacquer above the hammer moldings, or do you believe it needs to dry for
a day or two first?>>

   I like to let the hammers sit for at least 6 hours.  By that time, I can't
smell any more solvent coming out of the hammers, and it seems that the tone
doesn't change radically between then and the next day.  I suppose a huge
dose of hardener could benefit from a full 24 hours to solidify.  I wait at
least that long when working up new hammers.
Ed Foote