replace/rebuild

Richard Adkins RADKINS@coe.edu
Wed Dec 5 07:40 MST 2001

Wm,
 I'm sure you are aware of the Steinway leasing program. Working
with the local dealer, you can have your inventory of pianos
analyzed free. NYC Steinway has a person dedicated to this
program and they have several ways to assist you and dept.
chair to "sell" it. You can get all the new Steinways you need
right away and perhaps keep the best of the existing inventory.
You would also probably then qualify to be an "All Steinway"
school...or maybe atleast a "Steinway Grand School"....whatever
that means...since Boston pianos will also qualify you for that....
The lease to own has a very low interest rate.

Even if you don't go for the Steinway program, they will still analyze
your inventory and give you the results in grafs/and pie charts.
Ammo for when you do have to plead for new pianos.

 I would love to do that here, but we don't have the means at
the moment. It would help if the department chair is willing
to get behind the project. Ours is not. For now, we just keep
the old ones going and get by elsewhere with the Yamaha loaner
program. So far we've only purchased P-22 and U-1s where grands
are not needed. We are holding out for some miracle that will
get us new Steinway grands, but the situation does not look promising
for that. Endowment took a big hit w/the stock market "crash" and
all funds are frozen. Too bad we didn't commit to the Steinway Lease
program before that happened. I think it is a super good deal
for us, and for Steinway.

Good luck
Richard