bars

Donald McKechnie dmckech@ithaca.edu
Thu Feb 1 14:51 MST 2001

Hi Ed,

This subject came up some time ago on pianotech. I cannot remember who
did the post but the message was clear; do not force the bar off if it
does not lift out. This suggestion came from a Steinway rep. I tried all
4 Ds and a C here at IC and only one would lift off. I pulled a bit on
the others and it was obvious that they were not coming off without a
fight.

Don McKechnie