Maintenance Schedule, Access database

John Baird jbaird@fgi.net
Mon Feb 5 14:20 MST 2001

Scott,

I have done something similar with a MS Access database for this
purpose. It resides on the university network where anyone who has the
"rights" can view  it, but only one secretary and I can add to or change
it. It sounds like you may have some nice features that I don't, and
maybe vice versa.

Mine has three Tables: Pianos, Service Dates & Info, and Technicians.
With this set up, you can define a time period and see (among other
things):
1) All the work done by any one technician
2) All the work done to any one piano
3) All the work done to all pianos by anyone

For Jim, text fields are limited to 256 characters, but memo fields are
pretty much unlimited.

I would like to see what you have done, and would be glad to share my
set up with anyone.

John Baird
Millikin University
Decatur, Illinois