Baldwin regulation

Horace Greeley hgreeley@stanford.edu
Tue Feb 6 00:06 MST 2001

HEY!  GUYS!

I can fix the whole problem!

How about we just screw the keyframe down to the keybed, and put a pitman
up through a hole like for the sostenuto...then, we could just hook that to
a long rod (like, an upright damper rod), and just lift the hammers toward
the strings?

No muss.  No fuss.  No more shift squeaks!  Wouldn't have to worry about
the sostenuto getting out of regulation all the time, either.

OK, OK, it was just a thought....

Cheers!

Horace